Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Well, it is Tuesday and it was my laundry day... This is one thing I miss about my Florida home, is that I can just go to the shed and put the laundry in and go back to what I was doing. Here at the Pond, I have to sort the laundry, put it in the baskets, make sure I have my quarters, drive 20 miles to the laundromat, search for for the washers that don't have "out of order" signs on them, load the clothes, the money, set back and wait to put them in the dryer and once again search out the ones that don't have "out of order" signs on them. They are top and bottom dryers and they share one coin slot, and you hope to push the right buttons for the designated dryer and it has happened before that I put the coins in and the empty dryer starts and then hustle to switch your clothes to the dryer youo just started. I like to watch people in the laundromat, though. They are quite interesting the way people do their laundry. When the guys come in they pack everything in one washer, whites, towels, jeans, etc.

Tomorrow I have to go and see the doctor about my upcoming surgery.. It means driving down to Syracuse, but they is okay because I will also do my shopping while I am there. They have most of the stores that I am interested in over in Clay. Wegmens, Sams, Reg Walmart, AC Moore and I understand they just put in a Hobby Lobby on Route 31. I will have to check that out too if I have time.

I was at Jo-Ann Fabrics in Cortland last week and there was a sign that said "Thanks to You, we are staying open". I asked the girl at the cutting counter about the chance that they were closing. She told me that 2 weeks ago they were told the store would closing in September, but because so many people called and didn't want to have to drive to Ithaca and somewhere else that they decided t keep it open. I don't go there often, but is nice that I know it is there so that if I am traveling back to the Pond, I can stop and pick up something, seeing that Walmar's are doing away with their fabric department. I hope Norwich keeps there fabric!

3 comments:

  1. I will write your first comment in your blog. How cool that you set up your own blog. Maybe when I return to the lake you can show me how to do it too. Remember, if you want to stop by the house I am here until Sunday...Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks... in the process of writing another post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was very well done Marge. I love the pictures of your granddaughter, she looks like a real Queen. You and Jerry must be very proud of her and her acomplishments.

    ReplyDelete