Monday, November 9, 2009

Well, it has been a little over a month since we returned to Florida, the leaves were just turning in New York, and it was cold and windy the week that we left. My bones and muscles just ached from the cold weather, so I knew it was time to head to a warmer climate. I had lunch with my Mom just before we left, with my two sisters joining us. We went to the Park Diner near the park in Norwich, what a nice little restaurant. The waitresses were all so friendly. They took a liking to my Mom. They couldn't believe that she was 96 years old. We had a delicious meal and just sat there enjoying each other's company. After dinner, we headed south and got as far as Winchester, VA and spent the night. The next day we decided to take in the Shenandoah Valley State Park and Parkway, I think it cost $15.00 to drive the 105 miles through this area. Wow, once will be it for us. It is beautiful to begin with and then it got to be the same old scenery. So we won't do that again. We had a good trip the rest of the way. We normally would go through Alabama and visit our daughter, but they were planning on coming our way on Friday night because they were going on a cruise. It was a first time cruise for Kelcey and Ryan. They thoroughly enjoyed it. They returned on Thursday, and then spent Friday with us, headed home later in the day.

It was good to get back to our home in Florida, larger space, lots of friends and sunshine! It felt so good to sleep in our King size bed. Getting acquainted with new and old friends was great also. The unpacking is the worst, my house was a disaster for a few day and quite frankly, still is.


Jerry has been too successful with the fishing. He has been a few times, but the wind just loves to blow down here and the temperature has been so warm that the fish are still too far out, at least that is what he tells me.



I have dabbled in just about all of my hobbies, except for scrapbooking. I haven't done much with that yet. The craft group of which I am the leader has been trying to get ready for our annual Bazaar on December 5th. We do some Christmas crafts, and non-Christmas. I love putting together wreaths and flower arrangements with a help of couple of my friends. We get alot of compliments on our flower arrngements.


I have made some towels that you put over a drawer pull or over your oven door handle and decided to make a couple of pot holders to match. My 3 nieces in California saw them ad loved them when I posted them on Facebook, so I guess after Christmas will have to make some for them too. have 8 of the towels done, need to add at least one pot holder that match them or maybe you call them hotmats. To me they are one in the same.


The picture below was an idea that I got from a Bazaar I went to, they took 2 old books, glued them together, spray painted them gold or any color you want, put a ribbon around them like you would on a gift and then glued a floral pix on the top, we sold these at our bazaar last. I thought they were really cute.

Until next time, enjoy life!











No comments:

Post a Comment